Modify or delete this article? The article list is the place to start. Change this site’s name, or modify the style of the URLs? It’s all up to your preferences. Get yourself acquainted with Textile, the humane markup generator which comes with Textpattern? The basics are simple. If you want to learn more, you can dig into an extensive manual later. Be guided through your Textpattern first steps by completing some basic tasks? Study the Textpattern Semantic Model?
- Add another user, or extend the capabilities with third party plugins you discovered from the central plugin directory at Textpattern Resources?
- Dive in and learn by trial and error? Then please note:
- When you write an article you assign it to a section of your site.
- Sections use a page template and a style as an output scaffold.
- Page templates use HTML and Textpattern tags (like this:
<txp:article />) to build the markup.
- Some Textpattern tags use forms, which are building blocks for reusable snippets of code and markup you may build and use at your discretion.
There is a host of Frequently Asked Questions to help you get started.
Textpattern tags, their attributes and values are explained and sampled within the Textpattern User Documentation, where you will also find valuable tips and tutorials.
There’s also a crowd of friendly, helpful people over at the Textpattern support forum. Come and pay a visit!